● In 1977 Larry Ellison saw a IBM Journal of Research and Development, discovered a research paper that described a working prototype for a relational database management system (RDBMS). Showing it to coworkers Bob Miner and Ed Oates at Ampex .
● They started Software Development Company to build the Oracle, which was the first commercial SQL based RDBMS.
● 1978 Oracle version 1, written in assembly language. But Oracle verson 1 never released.
● 1979 Oracle Version2, was the first commercial SQL Relational Database Management System.
● 1983 Oracle version 3, written in C language. Is the first RDBMS to run on Mainframes, minicomputer and PCs.
● 1985 Oracle Version5, was the first RDBMS to support client-server environment.
● 1988 Oracle Version6, allow multiple users to work on single table, hot-backup reduce system maintenance, PL/SQL allow uses to process data while it remains in the database.
● 1992 Oracle Version7, with ground breaking functionality and several architectural changes.
● 1996 Oracle Version 7.3, to manage any type of data text, video, maps, sound, or images.
● 1997 Oracle Version8, partition table and index
● 1998 Oracle Version8i, Internet Computing
● 2001 Oracle version 9i, adds Oracle Real Application Clusters which allow customers to run their IT on connected low-cost servers, expanding performance, scalability and availability.
● 2003 Oracle Version 10g, the first grid computing product available for the enterprise. This allow to process the load based on demand.
● 2007 Oracle Version 11g, It’s proven to be fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage for all types of database workloads including enterprise applications, data warehouses and big data analysis
● 2013 Oracle Version 12 c , it’s first cloud database from ORACLE. it introduces a new multitenant architecture that makes it easy to consolidate many databases quickly and manage them as a cloud service.also includes in-memory data processing capabilities delivering breakthrough analytical performance. JSON Document Store and Additional database innovations deliver new levels of efficiency, performance, security, and availability.
●2016 Oracle version 12c release 2, it introduces shareding, memory-option …